The University campus is a pleasant 20 minute walk from Leeds city station. Just follow the directions below and you’ll be with us in no time at all:
- Come out of the station into City square.
- With the Queens Hotel behind you, walk straight up Park Row.
- Continue up Park Row until the first major junction.
- Cross straight over The Headrow and continue up Cookridge Street.
- At the next set of lights go straight on passing Millennium Square on your left and Leeds City Museum on your right.
- Turn left on to Woodhouse Lane, a busy main road.
- You’ll pass Leeds Beckett University on your left and our University campus begins in another 50 metres or so, on your left.
- To reach the Leeds University Union building, carry on up Woodhouse Lane until you can see the clock tower building – called The Parkinson Building.
NB: You’ll also be able to look at a map of campus near the clock tower to help you on the next part.
- About 20 metres before the stone steps (Parkinson steps) go through the stone archways into the campus.
- In around 100metres turn left and the Union building is in front of you to the righthand side.
Download the University walking and cycling map of the surrounding area.
Leeds station connects us with all major UK cities and has a fast and efficient London service. For train information and timetables visit the National Rail Enquiries website
If you’re thinking about cycling to the University, we have secure bike racks and showers. Download the University walking and cycling map of the surrounding area. Alternatively, visit the Leeds City Council cycling pages
There are number of excellent bus services in Leeds. Visit the West Yorkshire Metro website and First Leeds for timetables and general information.
There is also a city bus which stops at the bus and train stations and the southern end of campus (near the back of Leeds General Infirmary A&E) every 10 minutes from 6.30 am – 7.30 pm Monday to Saturday.
Visit the National Express website for details.
If you are using satellite navigation our address details for the closest access to the Union building are:
Leeds University Union
Leeds is linked to the M1 and M62. Parking on campus is limited, and we are also committed to reducing our carbon emissions, so we encourage staff and visitors to walk or cycle where possible.
Parking is very limited close to the Union building and is on-street only however provision is available close to the Union entrance for up to six blue-badge holders.
We advise all patrons to arrive early and – if on-street parking is unavailable, to park instead at Woodhouse Lane Multi-storey Pay & Display Car Park which is 24hrs and can be found here:
160A Woodhouse Lane
Visit www.leeds.ac.uk/carparking for more information.
The closest location for drop-off & collections is the corner of Lifton Place & Cromer Terrace.